Photography by Harris Kyprianou
Wearing: Suits – TOMMASO Menswear Studio | Shoes – Personal Collection |
It is this time again; the New Year Resolutions time. In order to start with the new year resolutions, I first have to reflect on the past year; everything that happened, everything learned, reflect on every mistake, on every success and on every memory made.
So, 2017 was quite a year. Starting with the obvious, 2017 was the year where i became a father for the second time. After the Classy Edition, my first baby, Tommaso Studio; my first ever menswear’s clothing line came to life. So in 2017, a dream came true. For months, life was crazy. It was the most stressful and yet most creative period of my life. It was all worth it in the end, on the 9th of November, where I presented all my hard work to the public and it was one of the best nights of my life; if not the best.
“If I have learned anything this past year, it is that I won’t ever be ready for what life throws at me. I won’t have the right words when it counts; I won’t know what to choose when fate itself is staring me down. But now I know I don’t always need to have the right answer.” – Lano Leav
Overall, 2017 was a good year. It had ups and downs. But i learned a lot. And that is the point. To fall down, to reflect, to overcome and then rise back up. Whatever life throws at you, face it with your face uncovered, and live it. Every bad and good experience it a lesson. I know. It’s a cliche. But it’s also so true!
So, let’s get down to business with these New Year Resolutions. In 2018:
- I will stop saying yes when I don’t mean it. Life’s too short to be wasting time and effort on people and situations that don’t make you happy.
- I will continue working hard on Tomasso until i see it becoming what I imagined it to be.
- I have learned that no other work is better than teamwork. So this year I will wok towards the Classy Edition to meet with other talented and extraordinary individuals.
- I will take more time off to do the things I love and recharge batteries.
- This year I want to travel more, go on more adventures and meet people and cultures I haven’t met.
What I also learned this year is that New Year’s Resolutions are important but they are flexible. I know that a lot of them I won’t do and that is okay. (absolutely okay!) Don’t stress over them because they are simple guide lines but the true magic will happen to everything unexpected that will come to your life this year. So be open to everything that will go and everything that will come. You got this.
“And as one door opens and another closes, I will move forward with the knowledge that unlike so many others, I have another year ahead of me – another shot at making it all the way around the sun, and a chance to get it right this time around.” – Lang Leav
Cheers 2017. 2018 I’m SO ready for you!